1. In order to forward your custom domain you must also have a unique WeddingWire specific URL set. To add a unique WeddingWire URL to your site please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your WeddingWire account
- Under 'Planning Tools', select 'Wedding Website'
- Next to 'Website Snapshot' click 'Edit Website'
- Above your list of pages click 'Set a unique URL to share >>'
- Enter your unique WeddingWire URL beside http://www.weddingwire.com/
- Click 'Save Changes'
2. If you have purchased your custom domain through WeddingWire please follow the steps below to forward your purchased domain to your WeddingWire website through our secure GoDaddy site!
- Log in to your Account Manager at https://dcc.secureserver.net/manage/
- If you are already logged in, you will need to hover over 'Domain Names' and click 'My Domain Names' which will take you to the new GoDaddy domain manager page.
- Click 'Use My Domain' under the domain that you would like to forward
- Click 'Connect' under 'Connect to an existing site'
- Under 'Forward to any Site', enter your WeddingWire custom website URL and click 'Next'
- Confirm that the forwarding information is correct and click 'Finish' to set up the domain forwarding
If you have any difficulty please contact the support team which manages WeddingWire domains powered by GoDaddy at 480-624-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you have purchased your domain through a different provider, your domain provider should have a setting which they can enable to forward your personal custom domain to your WeddingWire wedding website.
Things to remember:
- WeddingWire does not offer Domain Name Servers (DNS); you will have to forward your website to the custom URL you created on WeddingWire. Please see your Domain Provider's support center for detailed instructions.
- The WeddingWire system does not support masking. When your guests access the URL that you purchased, they will be correctly redirected to your wedding website, but the WeddingWire URL will not be hidden.