WedSocial is a mobile app for wedding users and guests that allows users to share photos and wedding memories into a photo feed and provides guests with an easy way to access wedding details on the go.
Below we have highlighted a few frequently asked questions about the app:
- How do I log in to the WedSocial app to add my wedding?
Couple Users can login to the WedSocial app either with their WeddingWire account that they have already established OR by creating a WeddingWire account from within the app itself. Couple Users do need to ensure they have a unique URL set for their WeddingWire wedding website, but if they have not set a unique URL yet they will be prompted to add one within the app itself.
- Do guests need a WeddingWire account to post and share photos?
No! If you are a guest you will only need to enter your first name, last name, and email address OR link your Facebook account to access the app. Once you have joined Wedsocial you will need to enter the couple's wedding code to access a particular wedding feed OR if you are invited by the couple directly through the app you will be automatically added to that particular wedding feed.
- How do I invite guests to use the app?
To invite guests to use WedSocial:
- Click on the Gear’ icon in the top right-hand corner
- Then click ‘Invite Guests to App’.
You can invite your guests via Text, Email, Facebook, amongst other options.
- What is my wedding code?
Your wedding code is the custom URL ending you have added to your WeddingWire wedding website. If you are a guest and do not have a wedding code for a wedding that you are invited to please contact the couple. Need to add a custom URL to your website? Please visit How do I get a personal URL for my wedding website?
- How do I download images that were uploaded to my wedding feed?
Couple users can trigger an 'export photos email' from within the app OR from their desktop wedding website dashboard, The email that is sent to the user will contain a zip file with all the photos attached.
- How can I delete a photo that I uploaded to the wedding feed?
Couple users and guest users can delete photos from the wedding feed. Guest users can remove their own photos from a feed in the app by clicking the three dot icon in the photo detail view.
- How do I remove or delete a wedding from the app?
To remove a wedding from your app:
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Under ‘Manage App’, click on ‘Remove Weddings’.
- Click the trashcan icon to the right of the wedding that you wish to remove from your app.
- How do I use filters on my photos via WedSocial?
To use a filter on your photo:
- Click the camera icon in the bottom left corner.
- Select to ‘Take a Photo’ or ‘Choose from Camera Roll’.
- Once you take or select your image, photo edit options will appear at the bottom of your screen. These options include:
- Enhance, Effects, Frames, Orientation, Crop, Lighting, Sharpness, Focus, Blemish, Whiten, Redeye, Draw, and Meme.
- How do I add Event and Hotel information to my wedding?
In order to add Event and Hotel information, you will need to add this to your wedding website on desktop. For detailed steps on how to do so, please reference the support articles here.
- What can I do if there is an inappropriate picture uploaded to the guest feed?
Flag it! You are able to flag photos by clicking on the photo to enlarge the image, then click the white flag at the top of the photo.
- Can I use the app for multiple weddings I am attending?
Yes! You are able to join multiple weddings within the app. These will be stored in your "Wedding List" within the app. Please note you must have the unique wedding code for each.
- How do I edit my push notification settings?
To edit your push notification settings:
- Tap the Gear icon in the top right corner.
- Under ‘Notifications’ you can toggle on/off notifications when someone likes your photo or when someone comments on your photo.
- How do I log out of the app?
Couple Users can logout from their wedding on Wedsocial from the sidebar of the app.